613 Amboy Ave | Perth Amboy, NJ 08861 | GIVE US A CALL: 732-442-7300
- A priority of my orthodontic practice will be the maintenance and improvement of both oral and general health of the patients.
- Based on regular hygiene evaluations and in accordance with the wishes of the primary care dentist, I will make referrals for cleanings (minimum four per year while in active orthodontic care).
- The American Association of Orthodontists recommends a first orthodontic evaluation at the age of seven. I wholeheartedly support this recommendation. However, I believe that there are only a few indications for early treatment including the following:
- Severe proclination of incisors
- Malocclusion in the presence of habits
- Developing mandibular prognathism
- Other severe issues
- Poor self-image related to malocclusion
- A proper orthodontic diagnosis is the key to successful care. I will strive to ensure that the diagnosis is clear to the patient and referring dentist and that risks and benefits are well understood.
- Adult treatment can result in outstanding occlusion. I will take care to keep objectives of treatment oriented towards achieving the goals of the patient and the primary care provider.
- Changes in technique and technology affect the way treatment is rendered. I will endeavor to stay current on all treatment modalities and implement those that have been shown to result in better patient outcomes.
- Complex cases require the active participation of several specialties in coordination with the primary care provider. In these situations, I will make every effort possible to ensure that proper coordination occurs between all necessary providers.
- Outstanding orthodontic care can be provided in a way that makes that care affordable for most patients. My goal is to make every reasonable accommodation for patients so that treatment can be provided effectively in a timely manner.